Before starting your research paper, you will need to pick a topic and find a supervisor and second evaluator. You will then have to have your topic approved by the supervisor and the second evaluator and enrol in the course ETI-Essai (9 credits). These pre-registration steps can be completed as soon as you have identified your topic, your supervisor, and the second evaluator.
To register for ETI-Essai , you must first:
- Choose a topic with an international dimension that you will analyze from the perspective of two disciplines (at least one of which must be political science, law, or economics/management)
- Find a Université Laval professor who agrees to act as your supervisor and a second faculty member (ideally a professor) who agrees to act as second evaluator.
- Complete the research paper topic approval form ETI-601 Approbation du sujet d’essai and have it signed by your supervisor and the second evaluator. Email the form to Academic Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org to have it approved by the program director.
Once your topic has been approved, the program director will register you for the ETI-Essai course for the appropriate semester.
- You must register in this course before you start writing your paper.
- The course counts for 9 credits but does not qualify you for full time student status. To achieve full-time status, you must sign up for 3 additional course credits or discuss your options with Academic Advising.
- The research paper must be submitted before you start your internship.